Shoei RF-1400 Solid Adult Street Helmets
Superb quality, stylishly sleek design and utmost comfort and safety are blended together at the company that's as candid of its trustworthiness as the logo emblazoned on its forehead: Shoei is proud to deliver its latest iteration of the iconic flagship RF lineup, the RF-1400. The RF has been a staple bucket in the moto community since its first introduction in 1984, and years of R&D have led the evolution in safety, design, comfort, noise reduction and just all around good quality that only Shoei is prepared to provide.
- The wind tunnel tests have refined the RF's aerodynamics and ventilation to help evolve the design forward. Shoei managed to wring out the RF1200's aerodynamics with a 4% reduction in drag and 6% reduction in lift. The compact, aerodynamic shell shape is made to maximize ventilation as air flows over you while doubling as the lightest SNELL approved full-face helmet in Shoei's new offerings. No rider wants to forfeit important characteristics that most lighter helmets compromise on, such as wind noise. But the RF-1400, while being the lightest in the lineup, leaves no room for earache with its new noise reduction technology.
- The shape of the spoilered shell was designed in a wind tunnel and through that testing, Shoei was able to provide a quieter shell design while also tweaking the shape of the all new CWR-F2 shield system using their Vortex Generator technology to displace wind turbulence. An all new, airtight window beading system provides a windproof and waterproof seal so tight, you'd think it was your turn to take a crack at opening the pickle jar. The RF-1400 also sports some more voluminous cheek pads and removable ear pads to help soften the "blow" of wind noise.
Shell and EPS Liner Construction
- Proprietary technology integrates a matrix of hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass and light-weight organic fibers to deliver a helmet that not only meets SNELL M2020 and DOT ratings, but is Shoei's strongest, most elastic shell providing the wearer with optimal impact absorption. Adding to that, the RF-1400 is lined with a dual layer of multi-density EPS foam liner that also aids in impact absorption and allows cool air to flow unrestricted through the channels created in the liner. The precise placement of the EPS material helped shape the RF-1400's compact, lightweight design.
- Shoei ditched the old baseplates from the RF-1200 and completely reworked the design to bring you the CWR-F2 base plate system. The system's main purpose is to facilitate quicker and smoother shield changes that are just as rewarding as the single "pop" of finally getting the lid off that pickle jar. The new shield adjuster mechanism is smoother and more precise than ever and a redesigned baseplate gear introduces an all-new "first position" shield opening feature for advanced venting and defogging. Shoei didn't stop there though! All new for the RF series is a conveniently located locking mechanism that distributes shield forces across both sides evenly.
- The 3D injection molded CWR-F2 shield manages a distortion-free field of vision while protecting your eyes from 99% of the sun's harmful UV rays and the 2D "outside" surface combined with the 3D technology provides an aggressive look without compromising visibility. Pair it with the included, 10% wider Pinlock EVO to eliminate fog while also dismissing any woes for lateral visibility.
- The RF-1400 is equipped with a fully removable, washable, replaceable and adjustable interior made from Max-Dry materials to absorb and dissipate sweat two times quicker than traditional nylon. The cheek pad fabric is soft and durable to provide comfort and a plush fit and the voluminous pad material is multi-layered for improved stabilization and keeps decibels down in the helmet. Customize your fit with the optional interior components offered in different sizes.
- Pardon us for being a bit long winded here, but we want you to know just how great this helmet is. Let's direct that wind a bit more. The ventilation system has 3 channels to manipulate 6 entryways of air for your comfort: 2 in the center, 2 in the chin bin and 1 on each side of the temples. The relocated center/forehead vent offers an additional air vent hole compared to its predecessor, while the side vents are larger for greater air intake as well. The large, no-fuss 3 position lower vent shutter is easy to use with gloves on while riding and the RF-1400 has a redesigned enlarged exhaust vent with 4 outlets to push the hot air out while getting in all that sweet, cool air.
- Shoei once again has found the right recipe to bring a spectacular helmet at a fair price on the market. The RF-1400 offers more than what most riders seek in a helmet and this latest offering of the flagship presents a wonderful melting pot of a timeless design, aerodynamic performance, ventilation, quietness, ease of use, comfortability and an utmost quality in build, materials and manufacturing that only a Shoei can provide.
- Lightest Shoei in the lineup
- 4 shell sizes
- Advanced noise reduction
- Dual density EPS liner
- Superior ventilation
- 3D Max-Dry System II Liner
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System)
- CWR-F2 Shield System
- Neatly secured chin strap
- Includes Pinlock EVO pins and lens insert
- Includes breath guard and chin curtain
- Snell M2020 and DOT Certified
- Colors: Matte Black, Basalt Grey, Matte Blue Metallic, Brillant Yellow, Black, White
- Sizes: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2X-Large
- SKU: 0101-0135, 0101-0147, 0101-0132, 0101-0123, 0101-0105, 0101-0109
New - Brand new item in original packaging (original manufacturer's warranty may apply).
Used Like New - Brand new and in perfect working condition. Original packaging may be missing or slightly damaged.
Lightly Used - Item has seen limited use but remains in good working condition. May show some limited signs of wear with small scratches or cosmetic blemishes. May arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged.
Used - Good - Item may show slight to moderate use but remains in good condition and functions properly. Item may arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged.
Used - Acceptable - Item is fairly worn but continues to function properly. Item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use. Item may arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged.
CORRECT HELMET SIZING
Each helmet model has small differences in its shape that ultimately affect the fit. For this reason, it is essential to test a helmet before buying it. Test whether it sits on your head properly by putting on the helmet and moving your head to the left and right, as well as up and down while holding the helmet firmly with both hands. If your head can move too freely within the helmet, we recommend that you try a smaller size. If you feel local pressure points, then choose a helmet that is one size larger, or perhaps try on a different model.
Wrap a cloth measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows and ears. Pull the tape comfortably snug, read the length, repeat for good measure and use the largest measurement.
|SIZE||HEAD (CM)||HAT SIZE||HEAD (IN)|
|2XS||51 - 52||6 3/8 - 6 1/2||20 1/8 - 20 1/2|
|XS||53 - 54||6 5⁄8 - 6 3⁄4||20 7⁄8 - 21 1⁄4|
|SM||55 - 56||6 7⁄8 - 7||21 5⁄8 - 22|
|MD||57 - 58||7 1⁄8 - 7 1⁄4||22 1⁄2 - 22 7⁄8|
|LG||59 - 60||7 3⁄8 - 7 1⁄2||23 1⁄4 - 23 5⁄8|
|XL||61 - 62||7 5⁄8 - 7 3⁄4||24 - 24 3⁄8|
|2XL||63 - 64||7 7⁄8 - 8||24 3⁄4 - 25 1⁄8|
|3XL||65 - 66||8 1⁄8 - 8 1⁄4||25 5⁄8 - 26|