Shoei Hornet-X2 Sovereign Adult Off-Road Helmets
What's in a name? Call it the Shoei Hornet X2 Adventure Helmet, the Shoei Hornet ADV Helmet, or just the Shoei Hornet Adventure - a rose by any other name would be as equally prepared for the street or trail.
Adventure riding essentially knows no bounds. The Shoei Hornet X2 Helmet offers serious dual-sport enthusiasts the optimal balance between on- and off-road form and function. Designed to maintain peak performance without compromising the core values of long distance touring, the Hornet X2 is a true all-road, all-weather helmet.
The Shoei Hornet X2 Adventure was created to replace the Shoei Hornet DS and to be a hybrid of a premium road and off-road helmet. The shape of the mouthpiece and chin bar area is designed to improve air intake and ventilation performance, while giving the rider additional air space needed to accommodate heavy breathing during off-road riding. Improving on the traditional off-road mouthpiece, the Hornet ADV provides additional protection in the event of adverse weather. A multi-stage lower vent shutter allows riders to fine tune airflow for most riding conditions.
- AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi Fiber) shell construction is smaller, lighter, more compact and extremely aerodynamic
- Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
- SM Shell: XS-SM helmets
- MD Shell: MD helmets
- LG Shell: LG helmets
- XL Shell: XL-2XL helmets
- Dual-layer multi-density EPS liner accommodates a more compact design without compromising ventilation
- EPS liner has been engineered to provide varying densities of foam in key impact areas around the head, providing enhanced impact absorption
- CNS-2 face shield system is 3D injection-molded and offers a distortion-free view
- Innovative ribs on the top ridge of the shield improve rigidity when opening and closing
- QR-N base plate system offers quick and efficient shield removal without having to remove the visor
- Thicker, more durable face shield gasket
- Improved shield locking system
- Pinlock pins and insert included
- 3D Max-Dry System II Interior is three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider's head, allowing a comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high speed riding
- 3D shaped cheek pads are available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
- Max-Dry System II liner material quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture
- Removable ear pads
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured rider's head
- V-460 Visor features an innovative wedge shape with strategically placed vent louvers which allow wind to pass through unobstructed at high speed
- Air is pushed into the helmet's upper air intake by the visor for optimal cooling
- Quarter turn screws allow for easy, tool-free removal of the visor
- Large multi-position lower air intake/defroster vent
- Two shutter-controlled upper air vents
- Four uniquely-positioned rear exhaust vents
- Three neck outlet vents
- Includes removable breath guard and chin curtain
- Snell 2015 and DOT approved
- Colors: TC-10, TC-3
- Sizes: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2X-Large
- SKU: 0124-1310, 0124-1303, 0124-1301
New - Brand new item in original packaging (original manufacturer's warranty may apply).
Used Like New - Brand new and in perfect working condition. Original packaging may be missing or slightly damaged.
Lightly Used - Item has seen limited use but remains in good working condition. May show some limited signs of wear with small scratches or cosmetic blemishes. May arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged.
Used - Good - Item may show slight to moderate use but remains in good condition and functions properly. Item may arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged.
Used - Acceptable - Item is fairly worn but continues to function properly. Item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use. Item may arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged.
CORRECT HELMET SIZING
Each helmet model has small differences in its shape that ultimately affect the fit. For this reason, it is essential to test a helmet before buying it. Test whether it sits on your head properly by putting on the helmet and moving your head to the left and right, as well as up and down while holding the helmet firmly with both hands. If your head can move too freely within the helmet, we recommend that you try a smaller size. If you feel local pressure points, then choose a helmet that is one size larger, or perhaps try on a different model.
Wrap a cloth measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows and ears. Pull the tape comfortably snug, read the length, repeat for good measure and use the largest measurement.
|SIZE||HEAD (CM)||HAT SIZE||HEAD (IN)|
|2XS||51 - 52||6 3/8 - 6 1/2||20 1/8 - 20 1/2|
|XS||53 - 54||6 5⁄8 - 6 3⁄4||20 7⁄8 - 21 1⁄4|
|SM||55 - 56||6 7⁄8 - 7||21 5⁄8 - 22|
|MD||57 - 58||7 1⁄8 - 7 1⁄4||22 1⁄2 - 22 7⁄8|
|LG||59 - 60||7 3⁄8 - 7 1⁄2||23 1⁄4 - 23 5⁄8|
|XL||61 - 62||7 5⁄8 - 7 3⁄4||24 - 24 3⁄8|
|2XL||63 - 64||7 7⁄8 - 8||24 3⁄4 - 25 1⁄8|
|3XL||65 - 66||8 1⁄8 - 8 1⁄4||25 5⁄8 - 26|